Seafood Express (P.E.I.) Ltd. is a premier transportation company based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. With a brand new modern facility, a multi-cultural, inclusive workplace and attractive benefit plans, we are a Company committed to our employees. We specialize in temperature control shipping between Eastern Canada, the United States East Coast and Central Canada.
As a member of the human resources team, the Safety and Compliance Coordinator plays an important role in the retention and safety of our professional drivers, as well as ensuring our record keeping is compliant. This includes monitoring electronic log books, administering safety programs and acting as the Designated Employer Representative (DER) for the drug and alcohol testing of safety sensitive employees. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for coaching and communication; while adhering to policy and records management requirements.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a Safety & Compliance related role; including proficiency with the use of database management, spreadsheets and report filing
- A degree or diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, Business, transportation or a related field
- Knowledge of Canadian and U.S. laws and regulations as they relate to the transportation industry (e.g. Hours of Service, Drug Testing Policy, Food Safety)
- Requires fluency in both speaking and writing English; other languages are an asset
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to present orientation sessions to teach company policies and procedures
- Facilitate meetings, conduct workplace investigations and prepare reports and recommendations
- Requires computer competency in areas including: internet research, logistics software, online training software, Microsoft Word, Excel and email
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- The Safety and Compliance Coordinator must be highly organized and adept at file maintenance and record keeping
- Ability to set priorities and achieve goals in an environment where spontaneous problem solving and unpredictably is in the nature of the position
- Experience in training drivers would be an asset
This is a full-time permanent position with benefits. The position is based in Charlottetown, with occasional travel to other provinces.
Salary: $40,000-$55,000 annually based on qualifications and experience.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
As part of the hiring process you will also be asked to provide a criminal record check.
We would like to thank everyone for applying. Only candidates moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.