Position Reports to: Management Team
Salary Range: Is based on experience, etc. Can be negotiated.
The Human Resources Manager leads the Human Resources practices and objectives for the company and creates a high-performance culture through strategic HR policies and programs.
You will be responsible for developing and executing HR services that drive performance and boost morale for all staff within the company. You are required to have a comprehensive knowledge of leading human resource processes & systems/programs as well as the ability to clearly articulate and promote our company policies & procedures, as well as our company culture & values.
This position is a full-time, permanent position based on 40 hours a week. Our company offers a full benefits program, an RSP program and 2 weeks vacation as a start.
- Lead all Human Resources functions including employee relations, leadership development, employee engagement, performance management, training and development, compensation and retention.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the development and implementation of new HR programs, policies and procedures introduced to the company.
- Ensure HR fundamentals and processes are delivered on time and within company standards.
- Implement and execute initiatives with a focus on continuous improvement, boosting company moral/culture, staff retention, etc.
- Manage change and communication internally to all staff and drivers.
- Develop processes to ensure that all staff are meeting performance expectations, professional development expectations, etc. on an ongoing basis throughout each year.
Develop job descriptions and duties for all current and new hires that are accurate and compliant per applicable regulations.
Internal Staff Applications & Hiring:
- Develop internal staff applications for new hires, to ensure they are up to date with current labour laws, and company policies & procedures.
- Seek out, interview and screen applicants to fill existing openings while maintaining a current knowledge of company hiring criteria.
- Gather, and analyze information skillfully to obtain a complete application and pre-qualify applicants.
- Inform potential applicants about facilities, operations, benefits, pay, and specialty and dedicated opportunities.
Policies & Procedures:
Administer various human resources plans and procedures for company personnel; assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
Administer the Company’s benefits program to include employee/driver setup, claims resolution, change reporting and communicating benefit information to employees.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent certification;
- University degree is an asset, but not required;
- CHRP certification is an asset, but not required;
- Recruitment and selection skills;
- Proven ability to meet or exceed the staffing goals for the driver department;
- Experience in performance management;
- Team player, Highly organized, Time management;
- Excellent communication skills;
- 3+ years experience is an asset, but not required.
If you feel you are the successful candidate for this position, please email your resume and cover letter (in PDF form) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line stating “HR Manager Application”.
We are so happy to announce that we are now members of the Trucks for Change network, which is a non-profit group of leading highway carriers across Canada who believe in supporting communities with in-kind transportation services.
Seafood Express has recently updated their phone system!
Now, before you dial the extension, you must dial 9. For example, if you’d like to reach Fleet Maintenance, you must dial 9, and then 228.
Seafood Express is very excited to say we are now Iron Apple certified! We are now recognized in both Canada and United States as an approved Preventive Controls Plan HACCP based food safety program for transportation and storage. Seafood Express also met all the minimum training requirements for the Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal Food Regulation requirements. Food Safety and Sanitary Food Handling is at the top of our list when it comes to transporting products between pick up and delivery.
Over the last few months we’ve been working hard at building up our new drivers lounge. Located next door to our main terminal, the newly renovated drivers lounge features 24/7 access for all of our company drivers. Along with free wi-fi, cable TV, the new lounge has a kitchenette equipped with a fridge, microwave and coffee machine, a small gym/workout room, and a full bathroom with a shower.
So whether you are laid over for a night in town, or are waiting for your load paperwork, the drivers lounge is for all our company drivers to relax in a comfortable, safe setting. Enjoy!
Drivers Lounge open 24/7
Drivers Lounge Kitchenette
Drivers Lounge Bathroom
Drivers Lounge Shower
Drivers Lounge Gym
We would like to congratulate Philip Ramsay (Unit #375) on being named the APTA’s Driver of the Month for June 2016. Philip has been driving with us for 30 years and he’s showed his professionalism and dedication to this industry by his safe driving record and the 3,000,000 miles he’s put on the road as a Seafood Express driver.
From all of us at Seafood Express (PEI) Ltd., congratulations Philip!
On behalf of all of the staff and drivers at Seafood Express (PEI) Ltd., we would like to congratulate Dale Scott (Unit #383) on receiving the 2015 Driver of the Year Award! Dale came to Seafood Express after he graduated JVI Driving School in 2012. In his first year, he received our Rookie of the Year award and he’s kept up the great work ever since. Through Dale’s positive attitude, hard work ethic and professional driving experience/skills he’s become a true role model and a leading example for all young drivers getting involved in the trucking industry.
Keep up the great work Dale, and from all of us at Seafood Express (PEI) Ltd. – Congratulations!
We are pleased to announce that we are now a fleet consisting of automatic power units! As of Feburary 8th, 2016 we are happy to say that we are the proud owner of three new automatic DT-12 Freightliner Cascadia Evolution power units!
With the emergence of these new automatic rigs, we are helping our fleet lower our overall fuel economy, tire wear and emissions. So far, our drivers are enjoying the new automatic gear box and are seeing the benefits of not having to shift gears. They are reporting back that they feel less-tired at the end of their full driving day and find it easier to focus on the road ahead of them.
All of us at Seafood Express (P.E.I.) Ltd. are happy to have some automatic power units in our fleet and definitely see them as a way of the future.
The drivers and staff of Seafood Express (P.E.I.) Ltd. would like to congratulate Freddie Affleck (truck #382) on becoming the PEI Trucking Sector Council’s Employee of the Month for December, 2015.
Freddie is growing as one of our young drivers and is quickly gaining a name for himself and the respect of his peers and colleagues within our industry. Be sure to congratulate him if and when you see him on the road!
You can view the entire article on the PEITSC website by clicking here.
From all of us at Seafood Express (P.E.I.) Ltd., congratulations Freddie, on being named PEITSC’s Employee of the Month!
We are currently looking for U.S. long haul Class 1A drivers. If you meet the following criteria, and are interested in working for a great company that provides a professional and safety conscious atmosphere, competitive pay, health benefits, vacation pay, paid statutory holidays and much more.
Please contact Melanie Heckbert for further information.
- Minimum 2 years experience;
- Class 1A or AZ license;
- Safe driving record;
- Good attitude;
- Passport or FAST Card.