Seafood Express (P.E.I.) Ltd. is a premier transportation company based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. With a brand new modern facility, a multi-cultural, inclusive workplace and attractive benefit plans, we are a Company committed to our employees. We specialize in temperature control shipping between Eastern Canada, the United States East Coast and Central Canada.
The Human Resources (HR) Administrator is a member of the Human Resources and Administration Team. The HR Administrator provides direction, advice, coaching, and support to owners, staff, and drivers in regard to employee relations, employee development, engagement, performance management, training , health and safety, compensation and retention. The HR Administratorprovides leadership in the development and implementation of new HR programs, policies and procedures, guides employees through the immigration process and assists with processing of payroll.
Education and Training:
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources, labour relations, business administration or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role is an asset
- Canadian Human Resource Professional (CPHR) Certification would be an asset
- CPM or PCP designation would be an asset
- Requires fluency in both speaking and writing English, other languages are an asset
Experience, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of Canada Labour Code and regulations, Canada Human Rights Act, Canadian and U.S. laws and regulations as they relate to the Transportation industry (e.g. Hours of Service, Drug Testing Policy)
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel experience required
- The Human Resources Administrator is an approachable, patient, logical, and diplomatic team player who can share practical knowledge and motivate change
- The Human Resources Administrator can develop policies and procedures, with a “big picture” view of the Company’s objectives in mind
- Demonstrated conflict management, facilitation, interpersonal, collaboration and team building skills are essential
- Experience in the long-haul transportation industry between U.S. and Canada would be an asset
This is a full-time permanent position with benefits. The position is based in Charlottetown, with occasional travel to other provinces or outside Canada. Salary to be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
As part of the hiring process you will also be asked to provide a criminal record check.
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We would like to thank everyone for applying. Only candidates moving forward to the interview process will be contacted.